Sunday, October 4, 2009

Homelessness part of the group presentation

Hi guys,
Since our last meeting we decided on some areas or aspects we will each represent for our group presentation. I've selected Homelessness/Street Photography. I've already researched Mary Ellen Marks and I will use her photographs of the homeless along with two other photographers that I've found to be inspiring to me in this area. I will introduce works of David Entrikin who worked on his homelessness exhibit in the Seattle area from around 2005 forward. Mary Ellen Marks photos are around the 1980s. Also, Chuck Ferris is another photographer who sparked my interest in this area. He is a part time photographer who lives and works in the San Francisco area and he started up his photography of the homeless in 2001 to present times.
My idea of how I would like to present this is by first visually capturing the class's vision in 3-D format by printing up my photos and pasting them on cardboard boxes in various sizes. I think this will bring the photographs alive and also help the class visualize the importance of these people and their untold and unwanted stories.
If I get any audio then I would like to present other photos with that audio.
I'm working on my outline for my part of the presentation so we can fit it in and have a good flow for our group presentation.
I look forward to seeing you guys at our next meeting before class on Wednesday (10-7)...I'm guessing this is where we should get our outline together so that we can present it to Chris. I'm not sure after this week when we want to meet up to make sure we have this group presentation ready to go. Just some thoughts for Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment